PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FOLLOWING “TERMS AND CONDITIONS” WERE UPDATED ON December 6, 2012. PRIOR TO USING THIS WEBSITE, WE ADVISE YOU TO CAREFULLY REVIEW ALL OF THE SECTIONS THAT APPEAR BELOW.
Terms and Conditions Regarding Your Use of the Grameen America Website
Content and Intellectual Property Rights
The Grameen America Website, including all of the text, content, designs, photographs, images, video, audio, user interfaces, visual interfaces, graphics, logos, button icons, digital downloads, material, information, software and computer code contained on or embedded in the Grameen America Website, as well as the selection and arrangement of the aforementioned and the “look and feel” of the Grameen America Website, (collectively, the “Content”) is owned, controlled or licensed by Grameen America and is protected by intellectual property laws, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, trade dress, domain name, patent, trade secret, unfair competition laws, international treaties and conventions and other proprietary rights and laws of the United States and other countries (“Intellectual Property Laws”). In using or accessing the Grameen America Website, you acknowledge and agree to abide by all applicable Intellectual Property Laws and other laws, as well as any additional notices or restrictions contained on the Grameen America Website. Unauthorized use of the Grameen America Website, Content, or any other materials contained on or available through the Grameen America Website or any linked websites may violate applicable Intellectual Property Laws or other laws. You may not use the Grameen America Website or any Content except as expressly provided in this Agreement. Nothing contained in this Agreement or on the Grameen America Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any of the Content, intellectual property or proprietary material contained on the Grameen America Website without the prior express written permission of Grameen America or such other party that may own the intellectual property or proprietary rights therein, and any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to Grameen America or its third party providers, as applicable.
Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, no part of the Grameen America Website or any Content may be copied, reproduced, published, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted or distributed in any way to any other computer, server, website, or other medium for publication or distribution for any purpose, without the prior written consent of Grameen America.
You may use the information and content purposely made available by Grameen America for downloading from the Grameen America Website, and may print such information and content for your own personal and non-commercial use, provided that in each case you: (i) do not remove any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property or proprietary notice language from any copies of such information and content; (ii) use such information and content only for your personal, non-commercial informational purposes and do not copy or post such information or content on any networked computer or broadcast it in any media; (iii) make no modifications to any such information and content; (iv) accompany such information and content with an acknowledgement of Grameen America as the source, citing the uniform resource locator (URL) of such information and content, and providing the following copyright notice: “© 2012 Grameen America. All Rights Reserved.”; and (v) do not make any representations or warranties relating to such information and content. Linking to the Grameen America Website is permitted, provided that the link does not falsely imply or suggest that Grameen America has endorsed or is affiliated with the linked website.
Grameen America and certain other marks displayed on this website are trademarks of Grameen America. Some trademarks displayed on this website may not be owned by Grameen America and are the property of their respective owners.
Some web pages or sections included in the Grameen America Website may allow you to submit, transmit or publish content or other material (“User Content”) to the Grameen America Website or other Grameen America Website users. When you provide User Content to the Website or other users, you agree to do so on the following terms:
- You are solely responsible for any User Content and other material that you submit, transmit or publish to the Grameen America Website or other Grameen America Website users;
- You may not submit any User Content that infringes, misappropriates or otherwise violates the intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other rights of any person or that is subject to any restrictions, or imposes any obligations, on the use or further distribution thereof;
- You may not submit any User Content that falsely expresses or implies that such User Content or material is sponsored or endorsed by Grameen America;
- You may not submit any User Content that is unlawful or that promotes or encourages illegal activity;
- You will only submit User Content that you believe to be true, and you will not purposely submit any false or misleading information;
- You will not disguise the origin of any User Content and will not pretend that you are, or that you represent, someone else, or impersonate or attempt to impersonate any other individual or entity; and
- You will not post User Content that: (i) is patently offensive to users of the Grameen America Website, such as User Content or messages that promote racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual; (ii) harasses or advocates harassment of another person or includes personal information about another person, such as their address, email address or telephone number; (iii) involves the transmission of unsolicited mass mailing (i.e., “spamming”) or other forms of solicitation (including, but not limited to, advertising, promotional materials, chain letters and/or schemes); (iv) promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive; (v) violates any applicable law or regulation; (vi) is threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous; (vii) is pornographic or sexually explicit in nature; (viii) seeks or recommends providers of material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or seeks or recommends providers that solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18; and/or (ix) is otherwise inappropriate.
You acknowledge and agree that, as a condition of your use of the Grameen America Website:
- You will not use the Grameen America Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by this Agreement;
- You will not use the Grameen America Website to solicit the performance of any illegal activity or other activity which infringes, misappropriates or otherwise violates the rights of Grameen America or others;
- You will not use the Grameen America Website in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair any server, or the network(s) connected to any server, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Grameen America Website;
- You will not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Grameen America Website or any services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any server or to any of the services, through hacking, password mining or any other means;
- You will not use impersonate another person or use another’s password without permission;
- You will not harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent;
- You will not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information not intentionally made available to you through the Grameen America Website;
- You will not, in any circumstance, use any Content from the Grameen America Website to create a service that may compete with any service provided by or activities of Grameen America;
- You will not frame the Grameen America Website without the prior written consent of Grameen America;
- You will not use any “deep-link”, “page-scrape”, “robot”, “spider”, or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar manual process, to access, acquire, catalog, store, reproduce, distribute or monitor any portion of the Grameen America Website or any Content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Grameen America Website or the Content;
- You will not take any action to disrupt or interfere with the Grameen America Website, circumvent security measures or attempt to exceed the limited authorization and access granted to you under this Agreement;
- You will not attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Grameen America Website or its infrastructure;
- You will not tamper, hack, modify or otherwise corrupt or breach security or authentication measures of the Grameen America Website;
- You will not transmit material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other devices that are intended to (or actually) damage or disrupt the Grameen America Website or its infrastructure;
- You will not interfere with or intercept any service or data relating to the Grameen America Website, including by means of overloading, “flooding”, “mailbombing”, or “crashing” the website or its infrastructure;
- You will not remove any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right notices contained in the Content; and
- Grameen America has the right, in its sole discretion, to monitor any and all use of the Grameen America Website.
Unauthorized access to the Grameen America Website is a breach of this Agreement and a violation of law. You agree not to access the Grameen America Website by any means other than through the interfaces that we provide to you for accessing the Grameen America Website.